Program Assistant/Rehab Tech (Entry Level) - Fishkill, NYFishkill, New York
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our employees answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians and therapists provide compassionate rehabilitation care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life. The goal of inpatient rehabilitation is to help your patients live as independently as possible through specialized treatment programs.
Our care is designed specifically to help patients who have been impaired by an injury or illness such as a stroke, orthopedic or other neurological conditions. All of our rehabilitation hospitals feature care provided by an interdisciplinary rehabilitation team committed to helping patients progress to recovery. Our care is designed to help patients improve abilities and return to a more normal life.
As a Program Assistant you will:
Assist the Program Director (PD) in the daily activities associated with the program operations.
- Responsible for daily posting of the teams planned minutes.
- Daily review of the teams DIFs to ensure proper timekeeping and alerts team to errors and corrections.
- Provides SMART training, direction and guidance for rehab team.
- Handles the daily processing of paperwork to include filing in Patient Charts, Hard Charts, and Soft Charts.
- Responsible for reviewing the payroll activities at the end of payroll periods for accuracy and completion.
- Assist the PD with scheduling to ensure adequate coverage.
- Communicates with staffing coordinators to alert of staffing shortages and works to help fill vacancies.
- Gathers information for risk management projects for the Rehab department in the facility.
- Assists with the gathering of data for Medicare meetings; provides to PD.
- Responsible for technical IT issues that arises.
- At the end of the month, assist with clearing alerts in the SMART system.
- Reviews Pre-Bill each month and corrects errors as necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining the Part B Cap summary and Treatment Census.
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting out other reports as directed.
- Orders department supplies.
- Verify and update professional licenses are ensuring they are current and posted.
- Organizes the gym and maintains a safe working environment.
- Assist in the preparation for surveys.
- As necessary, will be responsible for entering data into the computer.
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
Have great attention to detail, possess basic computer skills, great communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Performs other non-clinical tasks as assigned.
As a Program Assistant you will have:
At a minimum a High School degree or equivalent GED.
Experience in a healthcare setting a plus.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.