Social Worker - PRN - Providence Everett Med Center - Everett, WAEverett, Washington
Job #: 408610
Acting as a patient advocate, you will coordinate management of care, providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Whereas most companies only focus on one aspect of clinical care, our Case Managers are full cycle, working on the entire spectrum: from care planning to discharge planning. Join us and experience your best self and work growing and advancing in a highly caring, collaborative and fun environment.
What do you need to be a successful Case Manager at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
Kindred is a great company where you can continue to grow throughout the entire time you're here. You can even start as a CNA and work your way all the way up into management.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Kindred RehabilitationServices is the largest diversified provider of rehabilitation therapy in the country. Through RehabCare and Kindred Hospital Rehabilitation Services, we provide leading therapy to more than 2,000 sites of service across different settings in the care continuum and have been managing rehab for more than 30 years. We provide rehabilitation services, including physical, occupational and speech-language therapies to virtually every care setting including inpatient, outpatient, skilled nursing, home health, long-term acute care and assisted living. With locations across 47 states, we are certain to have a rehab job for you.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 8 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Social Worker you will:
- Work closely with patients, caregivers and the healthcare team to ensure the patient's medical, psychological and social needs are met.
- Ensure seamless delivery of care between healthcare systems and interface with insurance carriers to facilitate continued coverage/authorization, and authorization for next level of care.
- Assist the Program Director in assessing internal patients for admission to the Rehab Unit.
- Have strong rehab experience and possess the skills necessary to develop the case management, social work, and discharge planning service for the Acute Rehabilitation Unit.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of changes in community resources
- Stay informed of Medicare regulations regarding acute medical inpatient rehabilitation IRF.
- Have an excellent understanding of effective interface between patients, families, and medical professionals.
- Knowledge of CARF standards, Medicare regulations for inpatient acute rehabilitation are helpful.
Social Worker, SW,MSC, Rehabilitation, RHC, Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation
As a Social Worker you will have:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work from an accredited college or university
- If required by state practice laws, current Social Work license (MSW) or eligibility
- Experience in the provision of Social Service preferred in inpatient medical rehabilitation
- Social Service related experience in a health care setting desirable, such as acute care and/or rehabilitation
- Must have clinical experience working with individuals, families and groups.
- Must have a working knowledge of basic services provided by various health and welfare organizations in the community
- Current CPR certification, if required by the facility assigned to.
- Knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the residents served.
- Computer skills and knowledge of basic computer program
- Must have strong leadership skills
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.