Physical Therapist - Per DiemEscondido, California
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute - Escondido, CA
Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health have signed a Joint Venture and opened a new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital.
The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility features 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California. The new hospital offers treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This is San Diego County’s first standalone rehabilitation hospital.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day!
As a Physical Therapist you will:
The Physical Therapist (PT) assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients and provides physical therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability for the care of those patients being treated by Physical Therapist Assistants and Therapy techs. May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate physical therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional physical therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
- Performs an appropriate assessment on each patient and performs reassessments, as per policy. Performs accurate and timely QI scoring. The population is adult and geriatric patients requiring an adult medical rehabilitation program and services.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Formulates and updates patient specific plan of care for physical therapy
- Reports patient progress and barriers to discharge in each patient team conference
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate. Performs appropriate documentation.
- Demonstrates knowledge, competency and proficiency of physical therapy modalities.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Identifies and addresses psychosocial, cultural, ethnic, and religious/spiritual needs of patients and their families.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly. Maintains department cleanliness and safety.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to physicians, staff, and administrative team.
- Participates in patient/family conferences and team conferences.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized, and to function under stressful situations.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and performance improvement activities.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies. Documents goals on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission of the patient and provides updates regularly.
- Participates in educational staff performance improvement in-services. Assists with orientation and in-service training for certified department staff members. Participates in guidance and educational programs.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Participates in infection control, departmental equipment training, and organizational safety and fire safety programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicated the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Participates and contributes to performance improvement initiatives within the hospital and department
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Takes responsibility for being accountable, doing what is expected or beyond; assuring what needs to get done, and gets done.
- Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist in the state where the hospital is located.
- Inpatient rehab experience preferred
- Current BLS/CPR Card.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.