Pharmacy Tech PRNEscondido, California
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacists by preparing medications, performing routine duties, delivering medications, and assisting with clerical functions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Registered as a pharmacy technician with the State Board of Pharmacy as required by state regulations
- Pharmacy Technician Certification as required by state regulations
- Prepares patient drug orders
- Delivers medications to medication rooms, and nursing stations as appropriate
- Reviews patient MAR of potential admissions and plans medications to be delivered to medication machines
- Restocks usable medications/IVs returned to the pharmacy
- Files medication orders
- Assists the pharmacist with audits
- Completes assigned unit inspections
- Restocks automated medication dispensing machines
- Communicates stock utilization and ordering needs, and assists with ordering inventory and supplies
- Checks medication expiration dates and alerts pharmacist when needed
- Compounds and labels extemporaneous liquid and solid products for patients according to procedure
- Answers telephone and processes requests according to procedures
- Properly unit doses medications that do not come prepackaged
- Assists pharmacist, nursing staff, or other staff as appropriate
- Prepares sterile and non-sterile compounds per USP standards
- Other duties as assigned
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Additional languages preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in the pharmacy
- Appropriate telephone communication skills
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good stress coping ability. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as books and papers and computer related work. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
- The range for this position will be $25.00 to $28.00 per hour. We would expect those hired into this job would be paid within this pay range, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this range.”
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.