Hospital Clinical Liaison - Palomar Health Rehabilitation InstituteEscondido, California
Job #: 421542
Our results-driven Clinical Liaison has an abundance of positivity and enthusiasm in addition to being a self-starter. Specifically, the Clinical Liaison will educate the community about the services provided, and develop and maintain positive relationships with patients, families, and medical professionals. The Clinical Liaison will facilitate the identification and assessment of medically appropriate patients for potential admission to the acute rehabilitation setting. The Clinical Liaison also will have the ability to use their clinical skills while working in a strategic business environment and enjoy the flexibility of working independently while being a part of a dedicated and talented team. Join us as a business partner and add your talents to a positive, fun work environment that embraces individuality, celebrates teamwork, and puts kindness, respect, caring and compassion above all else.
What do you need to be a successful Clinical Liaison at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
- Relationship expertise
- Good listener
Patients who have undergone major surgery, illness or suffered catastrophic injuries often require different levels of help during their recovery – going from acute care, through post-acute and then on to rehabilitation – before they can return to a normal life. In my role I offer referral facilities a proven and recognized resource for their patients who need advanced rehabilitative services. And personally for me, I am honored to play a part in our patient’s recovery by providing the link to the care they need to get back home with their families.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute - Escondido, CA
Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health have signed a Joint Venture and opened a new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital.
The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility features 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California. The new hospital offers treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This is San Diego County’s first standalone rehabilitation hospital.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day!
As a Clinical Liaison you will:
Initiate one on one dialog with potential referral sources and maintain position relationships with current referral sources. They will design, develop and drive cutting edge sales strategies designed to increase patient admissions that leverage partner’s core competence in the area of rehabilitating medically complex patients.
The successful candidate will leverage their clinical and sales expertise to promote the Hospital to prospective referral sources aiding in the patient admissions/referral process. This process begins with identifying new prospects, educating them on Hospital and clearly establishing how we are able to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Through the building of long term relationships with these referring facilities and physicians, the successful candidate will facilitate the identification and assessment of future patient admissions factoring in length of stay, and level of acuity which should align with the outcomes expected from Kindred’s clinical expertise in rehabilitation and nursing. The candidate can expect to spend most of their time (80% or more) in the field, making presentations, assess patients and building these long term relationships.
- Assist and coordinate in-take and pre-admission screening process.
- Perform on-site (typically in referring facility) clinical judgment to determined appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Communicates to patients and families rehabilitation and facility options. Communicates to patients determined appropriate for admission the patient’s expectations and requirements for participation.
- Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits.
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth, development, and the aging process for the planning and delivery of age-appropriate care.
- Functions as initial contact for external case management and discharge planner personnel with payors and hospital facilities.
- Completes face to face, in-service education contacts to physicians. And face-to-face, in-service educational contacts to case managers, and other professionals.
- Inform and educate physicians, case managers, and other decision makers about the Hospital and acute rehabilitation services.
- Performs market analysis, market research and development and implementation of marketing and business plans.
- Assists in developing the annual market plan for the facility.
- Develops marketing plans for assigned programs, which includes market analysis and financial feasibility studies.
- Assists the various departments of the facility with new business and marketing plans.
- Continuously monitors the effectiveness of new and existing marketing plans.
- Represents the facility with business leaders, physicians, the community and the media.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills within the facility and with the public.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to the Director of Business Development and the marketing staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in regards to marketing and business plans.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, is thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates customer service skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Clinical Licensure required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous marketing/sales experience preferred
- Previous clinical experience preferred with demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and EMR systems.
- Formal Sales Training preferred
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.