Executive Administrative Assistant - Palomar Rehabilitation InstituteEscondido, California
Executive Administrative Assistant
Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health have signed a Joint Venture and recently celebrated the groundbreaking of a new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital. The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility will feature 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of
Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California.
The new hospital will offer treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This will be San Diego County’s first standalone rehabilitation hospital. Expected to open in 2021, this facility comes as Palomar and Kindred continues to run its existing inpatient rehabilitation program, which has been run by Kindred since 2000.
This position provides administrative support to the CEO and leadership team of the hospital. In addition to typing, filing, scheduling, performs duties such as financial record keeping, coordination of meetings and conferences, obtaining supplies, coordinating direct mailings, working on special projects. Also, answers non-routine correspondence and may assembles highly confidential and sensitive information. Deals with a diverse group of important external callers and visitors, as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures.
- Greets visitors, directs visitors appropriately; maintains the communication flow of the office.
- Prepares reports, memos, correspondence, meeting minutes, special projects, etc., for the Administrator.
- Reviews and edits all written materials.
- Maintains the Administrator's calendar and provides clerical support to executive team as required.
- Answers the telephone in a professional manner; screens calls, takes messages, directs calls appropriately.
- Sorts, logs and distributes all incoming mail; identifies mail that needs immediate attention.
- Prepares financial reports; department activities, travel, business expenses, etc.
- Maintains an organized, efficient filing system.
- Records, prepares and distributes meeting minutes.
- Orders supplies and printing weekly. Assists in cost containment through appropriate ordering and conserving of supplies and equipment.
- Interacts professionally with all visitors, within the department/office and with other departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible and organizes during stressful situations.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Accepts other duties as assigned.
- Meets dress code standards; appearance is neat, clean and professional.
- Completes annual educational requirements.
- Maintains regulatory requirements.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding administrative discussion and meetings.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled, completes work within a designated time.
- Wears identification while on duty, uses computerized punch time system correctly.
- Completes in-services and returns in a timely manner.
- Attends annual review and in-services, as appropriate.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Actively participates in performance improvement and continuous quality improvement (CQI) activities.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, as well as the focus statement of the department/office.
- A High School Diploma or GED required.
- Business school, Associate’s degree or equivalent is a plus.
- 3-4 years of related experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- A professional appearance and telephone manner is essential.
- Must be able to type 40-45 wpm.
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping.
- Ability to transcribe from electronic means.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see the following description:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.