Director of Therapy - Palomar Rehabilitation InstituteEscondido, California
Director of Therapy
Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health have signed a Joint Venture and recently celebrated the groundbreaking of a new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital. The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility will feature 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of
Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California.
The new hospital will offer treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This will be San Diego County’s first standalone rehabilitation hospital. Expected to open in 2021, this facility comes as Palomar and Kindred continues to run its existing inpatient rehabilitation program, which has been run by Kindred since 2000.
The incumbent may be responsible for providing therapy services including assessment as applicable, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the discipline's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also be accountable for and contribute to program development, quality improvement, problem solving, community education, and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
1. Ensure for program staffing team supervision and development.
2. Monitor team members competency, licenses/certifications, and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
3. Coordinate the development of team members through structured activities.
4. Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
5. Promote adherence to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, client SNF and RehabCare Group.
6. Contribute to client relations and community education activities.
7. Assures that all patient care activities are performed according to the company policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal laws and regulatory agencies.
8. Participate in coordination of facility quality management and program evaluation activities.
9. Participate in survey preparation activities.
10. Interact with assigned program consultant.
11. Participate in facility safety committee activities.
12. Manage the delivery of care in the most cost effective manner.
13. Coordinate treatment activity between disciplines and team members.
- Must have current State Licensure or certification as Registered Physical Therapist and/or Speech-Language Pathologist or Occupational Therapist Certified by NBCOT
- Must be licensed therapist in one of the above disciplines mentioned.
- One year of management experience in rehabilitative medicine plus current BCLS certification
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.