Director of Business Development Escondido, California
Director of Business Development
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute - Escondido, CA
Kindred Healthcare and Palomar Health have signed a Joint Venture and opened a new acute inpatient rehabilitation hospital. The two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility features 52 inpatient beds and is located on the campus of Palomar Medical Center in Escondido, California. The new hospital offers treatment services to a variety of rehabilitation patient types, including brain injury and stroke patients. This is San Diego County’s first standalone rehabilitation hospital.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day!
The Director of Business Development is responsible for the development and implementation of business and marketing plans for the Rehabilitation Hospital. Candidate will establish strategic marketing plans in collaboration with senior leadership to achieve the facility's objectives. This position designs and maintains a system for strong relationships with Managed Care Providers, Medicare, Case Managers, other payers, and appropriate hospital personnel to accomplish the development and maintenance of a strong and successful patient referral network, and beneficial reimbursement arrangements. The Director of Business Development is responsible for the overall management of the Marketing and Admission Team.
- Implements a comprehensive business plan to ensure Census and Mix Forecasts are met and/or exceeded. The business plan will include and identify internal and external targets (by specific referral groups and percentages); insurance rate targets (averages) and action plans to evaluate the effectiveness of the Clinical Liaison Team. The business plan will be accessed and updated no less than quarterly to ensure that all business indicators are met.
- Ensures comprehensive external information is gathered on a continual basis with regard to markets, customers and competitors.
- Will be the managing director over the clinical liaison and admissions teams.
- Must have a strong understanding and ability to work in all business development roles, as needed.
- Develops and manages the marketing department's operating budget.
- Develops, organizes and maintains a data base system for decision support information including identification of community needs; demand forecasting; utilization of programs and services; competitive analysis; medical staff utilization trends. Utilizes software tools including the Kindred Hospital information systems together with internal data and external data base information for statistical analysis.
- Serves as a liaison between Financial Services, Information Systems, and Business Development as it relates to internal data gathering and distribution of demand and utilization data. Designs control systems to measure effectiveness and results of market development and penetration.
- Ensures appropriateness of patient selection; assists patients/families in making informed admission decisions.
- Create and implement comprehensive marketing plans and programs annually and on an as needed basis for the facility's long and short term goals.
- Compares research findings on local, regional and national data in order to identify areas for potential cost and quality improvement by product-line and physician practice patterns.
- Establishes planning links with other health care organizations and agencies in order to obtain research information. Evaluates opportunities for joint or shared programs, coordinates written data-oriented external agency surveys to gather best local information available.
- Interfaces directly with managed care providers, key physicians and other program delivery personnel providing expertise in the development and implementation of business plans, situation analysis documents and feasibility studies to evaluate opportunities for new joint or shared program and/or service offering, and new product-line development, product enhancement and product differentiation in the competitive market environment.
- Consistently interfaces with Referral Sources, Case Managers and Managed Care Providers to create to achieve maximum revenue generation for the hospital while maintaining environment of quality care for the patient.
- Maintains a measure and tracking system delivering timely reports and presentations on a regular basis. Provides specific feedback to CEO/COO on performance achieved on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or Clinical discipline.
- MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in healthcare management preferred.
- Excellent skills needed in forecasting, market based planning, communications and public relations.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- The range for this position will be $100,000-$130,000. We would expect those hired into this job would be paid within this pay range, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this range.”
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.