Chief Nursing OfficerEscondido, California
Chief Nursing Officer
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute - San Diego, CA
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute is a state-of-the-art, 52-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
Opened in 2021, the hospital is a Joint Venture between Palomar Health and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred).
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic injury.
Palomar Health Rehabilitation Institute strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
Directs and coordinates functions and activities of nursing department and assigned clinical operation departments. Consults with and advises Chief Executive Officer on the general operation of the hospital. Develops nursing and clinical department’s goals, objectives, and standards of performance, policies and procedures. Organizes nursing and clinical departments according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational, and medical staff standards. Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing, and implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice and the clinical operations and financial matters related to all nursing and clinical care areas and functions.
- Provides professional working conditions for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the nursing department in collaboration with the CEO and Controller. Manages costs associated with personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for staffing plans, management of nursing hours per patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice and HIPAA.
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Leads monthly staff meetings and communicates information to/from management and leadership.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses.
- Other duties as assigned
- Masters degree preferred and/or BSN with plan to complete a master’s degree program in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure
- Current CRRN or obtained within 2 years preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years’ experience at a senior nursing management level
- Minimum of five years’ experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- The range for this position will be $120,000 - $150,000 per year. We would expect those hired into this job would be paid within this pay range, however, certain circumstances may allow us to pay outside of this range
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.