Speech Language Pathologist - SLP - CFY - Elsmere - KYElsmere, Kentucky
Job ID: 387682
As a Kindred Speech Language Therapist, you’ll focus on each unique patient, assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing. Our supportive, collaborative environment allows you to be at your best as you create a fun and dynamic healing environment for you and your patients. Join us and see all you can accomplish at an organization that embraces kindness, stays focused on the patient, and promotes and rewards both individual achievement and team success.
What do you need to be a successful Speech Language Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
I've been here several years, and I’m still learning every single day. Also, there's nothing like someone being able to hear their voice for the first time.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
The incumbent shall be responsible for providing a full range of speech-language pathology services including identification, assessment, treatment planning and therapeutic interventions in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The incumbent shall also demonstrate accountability for and contribution to program development, quality improvement, problem solving and productivity enhancement in a flexible interdisciplinary fashion.
- Participate in continuing education/professional development activities.
- Communicate and demonstrate a professional image/attitude for patients, families, clients, coworkers and others.
- Adhere to policies and practices of applicable professional organizations, facility and Team/Moore.
- Assist with the development of student programs as requested.
Contribute to client relations and marketing activities.
- Maintain licenses/certifications and memberships in applicable professional organizations.
- Complete screening on all patients within 24 hours following admission.
- Conduct initial assessments.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary care plans.
- Complete appropriate sections of resident assessment instrument (RAI).
- Provide age appropriate therapeutic interventions.
- Evaluate patient response to treatment and provide feedback to the rest of the team.
- Document the course of patient care including progress made and continuing need for treatment.
- Provide patient and family education on tasks and resources that will assist with continued functional independence.
- Coordinate treatment with other disciplines.
- Participate in rehab meetings.
- Function as a resource for and provide team members with inservice/cross-training on speech-language pathology
- Contribute to development of improved efficiency and productivity of facilityclinical/administrative functions.
- Participate in facility quality management activities.
- Collect quality review data.
- Participate in survey preparation activities.
- Interact with assigned program consultant.
- Participate in all facility committee activities as requested.
- Contribute to the delivery of cost effective care.
- Ability to lift/transfer patients and equipment.
- Frequent and prolonged bending, stooping, crouching, walking, and standing.
- Ability to communicate.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.