Speech Language Pathologist - IRFEdwardsville, Illinois
Assumes responsibility and accountability for a designated group of patients and provides speech and language therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments in accordance with established hospital and departmental policies and procedures, maintaining the highest degree of quality patient care.
- Performs patient assessment.
- Establish a plan of care.
- Provides care in accordance with physician’s orders and established plan of care.
- Assesses the effectiveness of treatment and modifies treatment to achieve goals.
- Plans for patient discharge. Communicates with patient, family, caregivers, significant other, and members of the healthcare team to achieve rehabilitation goals and promote maximum benefits of care.
- Participates in performance improvement and program development activities.
- Provides input into the budgetary planning process; contributing to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department.
- Assess educational needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or significant other and provides education to meet those needs.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Disorders, Communicative Disorders, or similarly titled area that is consistent and acceptable to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Possess or eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be eligible to participate as an ASHA Clinical Fellow (CFY).
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in state.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR card.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.