Graduate NurseEdwardsville, Illinois
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation. Assists in developing nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary. Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager, and co-workers as appropriate. May participate in discharge planning process.Qualifications
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Applied for and received a permit to practice as a Graduate Nurse by submitting “proof of intention to qualify for registration” (N2) to the State Department of Nursing.
- Once Graduate Nurse has successfully completed the State Board Examination, it is the Graduate Nurse responsibility to supply evidence of completion.
- CPR/BCLS certification.
- Mandatory adult and child abuse certification required.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Job Specific (all done under direct supervision of a Registered Nurse):
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Assists in completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Assists in FIM/GG assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.