Environmental Services Aide - Full TimeEdwardsville, Illinois
Environmental Services Aide - Full Time
Anderson Rehabilitation Institute - Edwardsville, IL
This facility provides care to patients recovering from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, and other complex conditions. Staff provide physical, occupational, and speech therapy. Other special services provided will include physiatry, internal medicine, medical/surgical consultations, rehabilitation nursing and nutritional services. The institute has a dedicated pharmacy. The 49,920-square-foot facility has 34 beds and feature all private rooms; a secured acquired brain injury unit with private dining and therapy gym; large interdisciplinary gym for all therapy services; transitional living apartment designed to simulate a residential apartment, to prepare patients for their daily living tasks before they are discharged home; and a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities. It will also have specially designed rooms to treat dialysis patients; and specialty programs dedicated to neuro, stroke, brain injury, and amputation.
As the Housekeeping Aide you will:
Clean and service building areas including patient rooms, common areas, floors, office areas etc. Move furniture, trash, equipment and supplies and perform a variety of environmental services duties to maintain the hospital in a neat, safe and sanitary condition.
- Clean patient rooms, restrooms, lounges, offices, corridors, walls and windows daily or as scheduled.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop, scrub and/or shine floors; replace paper and soap products in restrooms, clean mirrors, sinks and toilets, etc.
- Operate various types of equipment and machinery including vacuums and floor scrubbers.
- Collect and remove trash from building each day.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Report any malfunctions and maintenance problems. May perform minor repairs such as changing light bulbs as needed.
- Responsible for stocking linens throughout the hospital.
- Assists with office or room moves if needed.
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures. Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred
- Previous experience in acute care setting preferred
- Previous cleaning or housekeeping experience preferred
- Ability to communicate with patients, visitors and other hospital staff
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic equipment knowledge
- Appropriate telephone communication skills
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.