Laboratory Technician Part Time WeekendsDenver, Colorado
- detect abnormalities or diseases, and enter findings into computer.
- Conduct blood tests for transfusion purposes and perform blood counts.
- Examine cells stained with dye to locate abnormalities.
- Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean, and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
- Analyze the results of tests and experiments to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical and electrical devices.
- Analyze and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs and narratives.
- Consult with a pathologist to determine a final diagnosis when abnormal cells are found.
- Prepare standard volumetric solutions and reagents to be combined with samples, following standardized formulas or experimental procedures.
- Inoculate fertilized eggs, broths, or other bacteriological media with organisms.
- Collect blood or tissue samples from patients, observing principles of asepsis to obtain blood sample.
High School graduate or equivalent.
Additional training in health care vocational program related to laboratory.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.