Health Information Management Technician HIM Full TimeDenver, Colorado
At Kindred Healthcare It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Maintains health information management (HIM) integrity through knowledge of medical record content, medical terminology and abbreviations, abstracting and analysis techniques, concurrent medical record review, terminal-digit filing, medical record storage and retrieval. Demonstrates knowledge of the legal aspects of patient medical records, including release of information and HIPAA Privacy and Security requirements.
- Demonstrates ability to assemble, analyze, abstract, scan, and maintain medical records appropriately to ensure verifiable documentation.
- Responsible for working with hospital staff, physicians, and administration to ensure that medical records are completed timely, accurately, and completely in a manner that is consistent with hospital policy as well as medical staff bylaws/rules and regulations.
- Responds per HIPAA guidelines to inquiries and requests from physicians, staff, and outside agencies and/or individuals regarding protected health information.
- Demonstrates proficiency with dictation and transcription systems.
- Maintains record indexes and storage and retrieval systems.
- Orders supplies as needed by the department in adequate time to ensure that proper amounts are on hand at all times and that meet budget requirements.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
- Must read, write and speak fluent English.
- Medical data abstracting skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Must have good and regular attendance.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel, 0%
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED required; enrollment in a college/university preferred. Associate’s Degree in Health Information Technology (HIT) or enrollment in an accredited HIT program preferred.
Certification as a Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) by the American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) preferred.
Minimum of 1 year of HIM experience preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.