Patient Relations RepresentativeDayton, Ohio
Job #: 429045
Acting as a patient advocate, you will coordinate management of care, providing ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Whereas most companies only focus on one aspect of clinical care, our Case Managers are full cycle, working on the entire spectrum: from care planning to discharge planning. Join us and experience your best self and work growing and advancing in a highly caring, collaborative and fun environment.
What do you need to be a successful Case Manager at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
Kindred is a great company where you can continue to grow throughout the entire time you're here. You can even start as a CNA and work your way all the way up into management.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits & Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
The Patient Relations Representative serves as a liaison between patients, families, physicians and clinical staff to provide proactive and personalized services to enhance the patient and family experience. Proactively collaborates with leaders and staff to improve patient satisfaction. Proactively obtains resolution of concerns brought forward during daily rounding. Assists patients and families with the completion of the patient satisfaction survey prior to discharge.
A: Job Specific:
- Conducts daily rounds on patients to proactively resolve issues and to assure their experience meets and exceeds expectations.
- Assists patients and families with the completion of the satisfaction survey prior to discharge.
- Attends the Interdisciplinary Care Team meetings and actively participates by bringing issues forward for resolution.
- Make recommendations for improvement based on patient and family feedback.
- Provide a link between the hospital, patient and families, especially in area of conflict resolution concerning treatment or care.
- Provide a formal mechanism for the investigation, resolution and recording of a patient complaint.
- Works a flexible schedule as determined by the CEO, with an emphasis on working during the hours when admissions and visits by family members are most likely to occur. This may entail working non-standard shifts (e.g., 11:00am to 7:30pm) and days (e.g. Tuesday – Saturday) and a schedule that changes based on holidays, etc.
- Welcomes newly admitted patients and their families to the hospital.
- Works with the Admission Coordinator to ensure that rooms are prepped and in place, and that the hospital’s external and internal common areas are always tour-ready.
- Ensures that new patients receive a completed and standardized Kindred admission kit upon their admission to the hospital.
- Explains the Heart Service Recovery program to newly admitted patients and introduces the customer to the staff member who has been assigned to serve as that customer’s leadership representative.
B: Company Specific
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty.
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
Service Excellence Elements:
Pride – (Owning and feeling proud of work quality and our mission.)
Performs work that reflects ownership and is a credit to self and positively represents Kindred.
Teamwork – (Achieving greater results through cooperation and recognizing contributions.)
Cooperates with co-workers while performing duties leading to everyone being able to achieve success and giving recognition where it is due.
Compassion – (Listening and focusing on the patient/resident; taking sincere, appropriate actions.)
Meets the patients’ needs and concerns by consistently acting in a patient-focused manner.
Integrity – (Doing the right thing.)
Demonstrates adherence to a strict moral or ethical code in performance of duties by always seeking to do the right thing.
Respect – (Treating others as they would like to be treated; valuing others.)
Acknowledges the worth of others through professional greetings, proper telephone etiquette, patience, and common courtesy.
Fun – (Enjoying work and being an enthusiastic participant.)
Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work and devotion to the task at hand.
Professionalism – (Assuring skills (licensures) are current; looking and acting the part while performing at the highest level.)
Keeps skills, competencies and required licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over attitude and behavior and pride in appearance. Consistently performs duties to the best of abilities.
Responsibility – (Being accountable, doing what is expected or beyond; assuring what needs to get done, gets done.)
Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel)
- Demonstrates ability to work will with multiple persons from diverse backgrounds
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and non-verbal communication skills, tact, and diplomacy
- Good organization skills; values follow through and attention to detail.
- Must be detailed oriented, efficient, flexible and proactive
This description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work for this position. It is not intended to describe minor duties or other responsibilities that may be periodically assigned.
Education: High School Diploma/College degree in progress
Licenses/Certification: LPN preferred; other licensed clinical professionals considered
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in hospitality, guest services, or customer service.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.