Dialysis Registered Nurse, Per DiemDayton, Ohio
Job #: 403199
At Kindred, we believe our Nurses are the heart of our organization – from the extraordinary kindness and compassionate they show to the exceptional care they provide. As an RN here, you will engage our patients and their families, helping to ensure the best possible outcomes by reducing lengths of stay and unnecessary re-hospitalizations. Join us and see firsthand what it’s like to grow and advance in a truly collaborative environment where everyone is supported, empowered and inspired to be their best and do their best.
What do you need to be a successful Registered Nurse at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
Education is really all it takes to be a nurse. But passion and love for mankind – that’s what it takes to be a good nurse at Kindred.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our Registered Nurses answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high reward environment, our nurses provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As the most acute level of care in Kindred's continuum, our transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our Registered Nurses play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN you will:
- The Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN provides professional nursing care to patients of the Hospital and under the license of the Hospital in need of renal replacement therapy.
- This position reports directly to the Dialysis Program Manager or Dialysis Supervisor for the respective facility.
- Documents patient's physical assessment, vital signs, patients treatment reviews and observations in patient medical records; brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary nurse.
- Documents, evaluates and implements dialysis orders.
- Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and discusses issues with the nephrologist.
- Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications, and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff, and the patient's physician.
- Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the hemodialysis flow sheet or hospital EMR.
As a Dialysis Registered Nurse / RN you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current Registered Nurse / RN license in the state of practice required.
- Current CPR certification through American Heart Association.
- Minimum 1 year dialysis experience in an acute care or chronic setting preferred.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.