Behavioral Health Recreational TherapistDayton, Ohio
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Behavioral Health Recreational Therapist is responsible for performing therapeutic recreational assessments, recommendations for therapeutic interventions and carrying out general and specialized activity therapy interventions and programs in assigned treatment areas. This role provides direct patient care to various patient populations including children, adolescents, and adults.
- Planning and implementation of group sessions for each population
- Planning and implementation of individual sessions
- Documentation of group sessions and individual sessions
- Completion of Activity/Recreational Therapy assessments
- Planning and assisting with programming outside of normal group hours for special events
- Maintaining and ordering appropriate materials and supplies for interventions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Therapeutic Recreation, or related field
- Certified Recreation Therapist
- Minimum 1 year of experience in psychiatric setting
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.