Behavioral Health Director of Clinical ServicesDayton, Ohio
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Behavioral Health Director of Clinical Services assists in the development and implementation of patient care programs, policies and procedures that dictate how patients’ care needs are assessed and met in the specified units and services. This role includes responsibility for: ensuring standards for patient care are established and maintained and provide a consistent standard of care to all participants; Implementing and monitoring an effective, ongoing program to measure, assess and improve the quality of care delivered to participants; assisting with and promoting marketing, community relations related to the specified units and services; and assisting in expanding the continuum of services by exploring market needs and opportunities and responding with new program design, implementation and evaluation. May provide services for various patient populations including children, adolescent, adult and geriatric. Supervises care provided based on defined standards of patient care and practice. The Director of Clinical Services is responsible for the management and oversight of the overall clinical program services and supervises therapists. Responsible for ensuring that clinical documentation is current and accurate and meets all regulatory and other standards.
- Assumes personal responsibility for obtaining and maintaining professional development and education. Maintains or obtains relevant licensure as appropriate.
- Utilizes management, financial, regulatory, clinical and systems knowledge to assess market needs, functioning of units/services, programs, and staff; gathers data from a variety of sources in systematic manner, tracking, trending and analyzing and synthesizing performance indicators.
- Demonstrates leadership in planning programs/services, interventions , policies , plans of correction, and management of staff. Initiates and pursues program ideas, responding to community/market need, regulatory changes, patient service needs and quality service demands.
- Coordinates operations of services to assure the program philosophy is implemented; including recruitment of key positions to assure adequate professionals are available to achieve this objective.
- Identifies new strategic program opportunities within the full continuum of care. Designs, implements, and evaluates new program services
- Engages in marketing and community relations activities to promote program and services. Assesses participant referrals, as appropriate to determine clinical appropriateness and level of care recommendations
- Provides oversight of human and fiscal resource utilization and financial performance, maintaining budgetary and safety guidelines.
- Accepts participation in special projects, other duties and appointments to hospital/local/regional committees as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the DVP, Clinical Operations, BH or designee and Hospital Chief Executive Officer and Hospital Chief Clinical Officer or Director of Nursing, sets expectations for standards of outpatient and inpatient practice, developing and implementing ongoing programs to measure, assess and improve the delivery of quality patient care
- Ensures program compliance with all federal and state regulations. Stays abreast of regulatory changes impacting the provision of care and continually monitors CMS, TJC, and other prevailing governing bodies for most current guidance and trends. Modifies the program on an ongoing basis to ensure full compliance with statutes as well as optimal patient outcomes.
- Minimum Master’s Degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, Professional Counseling or Nursing
- Licensure in State of Practice. Independent Practice Scope Licensure preferred
- 5 years of leadership experience
- 7 years of experience in the discipline
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.