Speech Language Pathologist PRN - Danville, VADanville, Virginia
Job #: 430078
As a Kindred Speech Language Therapist, you’ll focus on each unique patient, assessing and treating disorders of speech, voice, language, hearing and swallowing. Our supportive, collaborative environment allows you to be at your best as you create a fun and dynamic healing environment for you and your patients. Join us and see all you can accomplish at an organization that embraces kindness, stays focused on the patient, and promotes and rewards both individual achievement and team success.
What do you need to be a successful Speech Language Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
I've been here several years, and I’m still learning every single day. Also, there's nothing like someone being able to hear their voice for the first time.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Professional Choice Account
Free money is set aside for all therapists to help with education, training, and uniforms.
Benefits and Recognition
Our goal is to offer valuable compensation and incentive programs that enables us to attract, reward, retain, and motivate highly qualified individuals. Compensation can include bonus plans and recognition for going above & beyond.
Seeking an SLP to work Per Diem in Danville, VA - Acute Rehab Unit. Must have CCC's
Availability to work some weekends a must!
LifePoint is a leader in community-based healthcare, becoming a diversified healthcare delivery network with 50,000 dedicated employees and more than 3,000 employed providers working in more than 65 community hospital campuses, more than 30 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum. We also have more than 15 new rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals currently under development. With many locations, we are certain to have a job for you!
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our tem is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. We welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
- Play an important part in helping our patient to recover and feel better about themselves by providing therapy to maximize speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with Peoplefirst, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
Clinical, clinic, geriatric, geriatrics, Healthcare, health care, Homecare, home care, home health, homehealth, hospital, inpatient, licensed therapist, licensed SLP, licensed S.L.P., licensed ST, licensed S.T., licensed speech therapist, licensed speech language pathologist, neuro, neurological, medical, medical care, therapist, therapy Care Manager, therapy case manager, therapy case management, therapy Job, therapy Jobs, ST job, ST jobs, S.T. job, S.T. jobs, SLP job, SLP jobs, speech therapy job, speech therapy jobs, speech therapist job, speech therapist jobs, Oasis, outpatient, outpatient clinic, out patient, outpatient rehab, outpatient SLP, outpatient speech, outpatient therapist, outpatient speech therapy, outpatient speech therapist, PRN, PDM, rehab, rehab SLP, rehab S.L.P., rehab speech therapist, rehab setting, rehabilitative, therapeutic, skilled visit, SNF, therapy, travel ST, travel S.T., travel SLP, travel S.L.P., travel therapist, travel speech therapist, traveling ST, traveling S.T., traveling speech therapist, travel speech language pathologist, traveling SLP, traveling S.L.P., traveling speech language pathologist, speech language pathology, speech language pathologist, Speech/Language Pathologist, Speech-Language Pathologist, speech therapy, Speech & Language Pathology, Speech & Language therapy, speech and language therapy jobs, SP, SLP, SP, ST, S.L.P., S.T., S.P., CFY, SLP-CCC, SLP-CFY, swallowing, dysphasia, aphasia, audio, CCC, CFY rehabilitation services, rehabcare, hospital rehabilitation services, inpatient rehabilitation services, skilled rehabilitation services, IRF, HRS, SRS, RHC, RHB
- Graduate of a master’s level program in Speech Language Pathology which is accredited by Education Standards Board or whose practice meets ASHA certification requirements.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months speech therapist / speech language pathologist experience working with an adult and geriatric population.
- Current and unrestricted Speech Language Pathologist license in the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.