Wound Care Coordinator, RN $15K SIGN ON!On BonusDallas, Texas
- Develop treatment plan according to current wound care protocols; explain dressing rationale, institute preventive measures and monitor results of care delivered; communicate information to Supervisors and Director of Quality Management
- Advise physicians on status of wound patients
- Provide demonstrations on dressing techniques to educate and orient in-services nurses; give hands-on instruction regarding the principles of asceptic technique
- Provide a list of patients with Nosocomial pressure ulcers which includes patient's name, site, state, support surface and dates of evaluation to the Director of Quality Management
- Identify patients requiring debridement procedures and alert attending physician
- Identify nutritional deficiencies, coordinate with Health Care personnel to solve nutrition problems and report results to respective supervisors
- While performing daily rounds, assist in delivery of patient care to accomplish wound care tasks
- Ensure adequate materials are on hand for every patient
- attend wound care education programs designed to enhance the benefits patients can derive from the most recent techniques/procedures available
As a Wound Care Clinician you will have:
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program leading to licensure as an Registered Nurse (RN)
- Current state Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- BCLS certification.
- Three (3) years nursing experience with experience as an acute care nurse.
- Previous experience in wound care is required.
- WOCN, WCN-C Preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.