Unit Secretary-Part Time ( Friday,Saturday & Sunday) Dallas, Texas
- Prepare admission charts/records; assemble charts for new admissions with appropriate forms; label chart with correct patient/physician information and label patient rooms with patient information and physician's name
- Complete the admission documentation; assist physicians with charts; ascertain the expectations of the patient and family regarding the hospital stay
- Confer with the charge nurse on scheduling patient tests and activities
- Adhere to isolation precautions and OSHA blood-borne guidelines, using personal protective equipment as required
- Answer telephone and call lights, take messages and communicate promptly to the appropriate person
- Make hourly rounds to each patient's room to assess any unmet needs
- Process patient discharge orders, notifying the nurse of the orders; copy information on chart to be sent to discharge facility; complete discharge paperwork and assist the family with the discharge process
- Under the direction of the nurse manager, order, receive and store supplies and equipment
Give your Best
Performs work that reflects the highest level of service and is a credit to self and positively represents Kindred. Keeping skills, competencies and required licensures/certifications current; displays mastery over attitude and behavior and pride in appearance.
Stay Focused on the Patient
Meets the patients’ needs and concerns by consistently acting in a patient-focused manner.
Doing the right thing… Always
Demonstrates adherence to a strict moral or ethical code in performance of duties by always seeking to do the right thing. Takes ownership of all aspects of duties shown through reliable, timely performance and accountability
Create Fun In What you Do
Demonstrates a positive attitude toward work and devotion to the task at hand.
Respect Individuality to Create the Team
Cooperates with co-workers while performing duties leading to everyone being able to achieve success and giving recognition where it is due. Acknowledges the worth of others through professionalism, patience, and common courtesy.
Be Kinder than Expected
Anticipating a need, providing service above and beyond expectations with compassionQualifications
Requires two years of recent hospital experience.
Current certification as a nursing assistant preferred
Current BLS/CPR certification preferred
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.