LVN - Full Time Dallas, Texas
Methodist Rehab Dallas is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as one of America’s Best Rehabilitation Hospitals in 2021.
Provides patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age; includes geriatric and general inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., assists with the assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. Identifies and initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the R.N., performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Carry out the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s needs and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly based on changes in patient’s condition and individual needs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/ health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon the patient’s individual and identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services according to level of licensure.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Registered Nurses, leadership, coworkers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services staff.
- Participates in team conferences.
- Consults other departments as appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI) activities. Offers suggestions for opportunities for improvements in patient care, safety, education, etc.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations
- Other duties as assigned
- Graduate of accredited licensed practical/ vocational nurse program.
- Current state licensure as Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- IV Certified required or obtained within 6 months highly preferred
- Minimum six months’ Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.