Cook/Dietary Aide- PRN Methodist Rehab HospitalDallas, Texas
- Wash and prepare fruits and vegetables; arrange salad ingredients in attractive manner and refrigerate until meal time
- Use recipes to measure and mix ingredients; prepare meats and fish in various ways; test food by tasting, smelling or piercing to determine that it is cooked-through; maintain proper temperatures for hot and cold foods; apportion servings according to menu combinations or patients' orders
- Assist with ordering meat, poultry and fish for use in meal preparation
- Provide assistance with tray set-up, salad preparation, and procuring food from refrigerator, freezer or other storage areas, etc.
- Maintain cooking area in a clean, neat and orderly manner
Prefer a High School diploma or equivalent education
One year of experience in institutional cooking.
current food handler's certification
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.