Lead Clinical Liaison Crown Point, Indiana
The Lead Clinical Liaison serves as coordinator of the Admissions team and oversees day–to-day liaison functions. As a liaison between internal and external referral sources and internal operations, the Lead Clinical Liaison is responsible for establishing relationships with physicians, payers, other referral sources, and the internal operations team. The Lead Clinical Liaison will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical assessments and screening in conjunction with the hospital’s Medical Director, the Chief Executive Officer, and the Director of Business Development.
Responsibilities: The Lead Clinical Liasion is accountable for all responsibitlies as indicated on the Clinical Liasion job description, plus the following additional tasks/roles as assigned by his/her specific Director of Business Development and/or Chief Exectutive Officer:
- Provide 1:1 support and feedback to the Admissions team for basic day-to-day functions
- Daily oversite and close collaboration with the Admissions Coordinator to assist in managing census and the coordination of patient transitions into the building from sending facilities
- Manage Admissions Team staffing calendars including approval of PTO and arranging coverage
- Review and approve expense reports for the Clinical Liaison team
- Perform business related and clinical audits as needed related to completion of pre-admissions screens, insurance precertifications, etc.
- Assisting with the planning and completion of training/education for newly hired admissions staff
- Have continuous knowledge of current status of referrals, admissions, and overall patient flow and provide updates as needed to leadership
- Support the Clinical Liaison Team IT needs/issues
- Attend facility operations meetings, marketing meetings, special committees, etc. as assigned by the Director of Business Development or Chief Executive Officer
- Perform market analysis, market research and development, and implementation of annual and ongoing marketing and business plans
- Continuously monitor the effectiveness of new and existing marketing plans
- Coordinate the completion of annual staff employee performance reviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills within the facility and with the public.
- Adheres to dress code; appearance is neat, clean and professional.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful conditions.
- Consistently completes all assignments in a timely manner, is thorough and appropriately detailed.
- Complies with all regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains and ensures departmental, hospital, and patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends departmental in-services and completes annual competencies/education requirements.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency management.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the hospital.
- College degree and license in healthcare-related field
- Clinical experience required with demonstrated skills in clinical assessment and marketing
- Minimum of 2 years experience in inpatient rehabilitation preferred
- Requires a professional level of knowledge in physician relations and interfacing with insurance companies
- Extensive knowledge of local provider and medical communities
- Ability to be available for occasional evenings for marketing events, weekend coverage, and routine day travel
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work harmoniously with other personnel
- Ability to deal tactfully with patients, hospital staff and the general public
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions
- Must maintain valid driver’s license
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as books and papers and computer related work. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.