Dietician - IRF PRNCoralville, Iowa
Kindred Healthcare is seeking a PRN Dietitian for Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital, our new, 40-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located in Coralville, IA! Our new rehabilitation hospital, in partnership with Mercy Iowa City, opened in June of 2020 and offers specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day! Interested in a career with Kindred Hospitals, a place where you can put your heart into and make a real difference in our patients' lives?
Plans and delivers nutritional care to patients according to the physicians’ diagnoses. Performs as a member of the multidisciplinary care team. Screens newly admitted patients to identify those at nutritional risk.
- Assesses patients’ nutritional status according to established standards. Performs nutritional screening within required timeframes.
- Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient’s nutritional status; develops nutritional care plans for patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Assures that patient’s cultural, religious, and ethnic food preferences are honored, when possible, unless contraindicated.
- Assures that food and nutrition products are stored under proper conditions of sanitation, temperature, light, moisture, ventilation and security.
- Evaluates the results of nutritional intervention on the patient’s nutritional status to determine the need to revise the nutritional care plan.
- Improves patient’s nutritional status by consulting with physician on appropriate nutritional interventions.
- Assists in developing and implementing patient nutrition care programs and ensures consistency of programs. Assists in the development and implementing of patient nutritional menus.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family. Provides nutritional teaching and counseling to patient/family in making desired changes in eating habits. Assesses patient’s ability to learn.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Provides food-drug interrelationship information to physician.
- Assists in orienting and in servicing new employees to department.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies. Documents problems, goals, etc on the Interdisciplinary Care Plan on admission, updates as appropriate.
- Conducts in-service as requested to hospital staff and the community.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Assesses patients’ nutritional status according to established standards.
- Obtains necessary information from the medical record to determine patient’s nutritional status.
- Develops nutritional care plans for patients in the rehabilitation setting.
- Bachelor’s degree in course work approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association (ADA) or a post Bachelor’s Certificate in Dietetics.
- Participates in continuing educational requirements to maintain registration.
- Certified dietitian status.
- Previous experience in acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.