Chief Executive Officer - CEO - Iowa City, IA Coralville, Iowa
Kindred Healthcare is seeking a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) for Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital, our new, 40-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located in Coralville, IA! Our new rehabilitation hospital in partnership with Mercy Iowa City is scheduled to open in April 2020 and will offer specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
Our culture of caring for our patients and residents begin with our core values – our employees. We are committed to fostering professional growth and dedicated healthcare teams that make us the provider of choice. We embrace a diverse workforce and understand that hiring outstanding people is the key to providing quality care – and quality care is what we do every day!
- Ensure that affordable health care is provided by the acquisition, utilization and organization of human, financial and physical resources and develop improved techniques and practices
- Establish long-range plans to support the hospital's values, vision, customer service and general objectives
- Organize hospital functions through delegation of duties, appropriate departmentalization and maintaining accountability from managers
- Recommend hospital policy positions to the Governing Board regarding legislation, government, administrative policy and other public policies
- Design and implement an effective Business Plan to meet hospital occupancy goals and objectives
- Recommend personnel policies to support patient care and ensure that accurate and complete personnel records are maintained
- Review and act on inspecting agencies' reports
- Prepare annual budget including internal financial controls
- Integrate the hospital with the community through effective communication and public relations
- Maintain professional affiliations to enhance professional growth and remain current with the latest trends in hospital administration
Bachelors degree in healthcare administration, business administration, finance, or clinical specialty.
Masters degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
Five years senior-level experience in healthcare administration/management, preferably in a hospital setting, with experience in facility operations management, human resources management and/or finance.
Two years experience at Chief Executive Officer level preferred.
Multi-site healthcare management experience preferred.
Graduate level education may substitute on a year-to-year basis for the required experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.