Chief Clinical Officer - Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital - Coralville, IA Coralville, Iowa
Kindred Healthcare is seeking a Chief Clinical Officer (CCO) for Mercy Iowa City Rehabilitation Hospital, our new, 40-bed Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located in Coralville, IA! Our new rehabilitation hospital in partnership with Mercy Iowa City is scheduled to open in April 2020 and will offer specialized programs for people who have experienced stroke, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries and other conditions requiring inpatient rehabilitative services. Our goal is to help patients achieve their highest level of recovery with a goal of returning home as soon as able.
- Establish staffing requirements for recruitment, selection and placement of personnel; verify nurses' credentials and ensure data on qualifications, experience, accomplishments and competency of nurses is maintained
- Ensures inservice training and education to all department personnel
- Recommends space and resources needed by department
- Participates in selection of sources for needed services not available in the department
- Works with Quality Director on improvement projects, assigning personnel to participate in performance improvement activities, providing adequate time for them to do so and offering training
- Plans, develops, implements and controls Nursing Department budget; assist in planning fiscal budget
- Reviews Hospital Plan for Nursing Care on a yearly basis
- Represents Nursing Services on hospital and medical staff committees
- Provides communication mechanisms within Nursing Services and conduct conferences with nurse managers and supervisory personnel
- Develops short-term and long-term goals/objectives consistent with hospital's philosophy; keep administration informed of Nursing Services activities
- Serves as Chairperson of Nurse Council; collaborates with other Nursing leaders
- Participates in Hospital's decision-making structures, working with Governing Board, MBC, Senior Management Committee and Quality Council
Bachelors degree in Nursing with current state licensure
Masters degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
Current State Registered Nurse License
Minimum of five years experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years experience at a senior nursing management level.
Minimum of five years experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment. Graduate level education may substitute on a year-to-year basis for the required experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.