Manager Human ResourcesCoral Gables, Florida
We are recruiting for a Manager, Human Resources to join our Hospital Division in South Florida.
Please note: This position requires residency in Southern Florida.
Supports and works closely with District Director of Human Resources (DDHR). Provides HR consulting, oversight, and expertise regarding all Human Resources functions, including orientation and training, employee relations, policies and procedures, employment law, retention, turnover, compensation, HRIS/management reporting, investigations, performance management, and benefits. Promotes proactive, positive employee relations practices and environments in all contract sites and understands and appropriately balances the roles of both employee and employer advocate.
- Consults with DDHR on a proactive basis to ensure positive employee relations practices and environments in all work locations..
- May assist recruitment teams and management to ensure compliance with regard to recruitment and selection process, including the following: interviews; employment verifications, background checks and drug screens to verify employment eligibility. Provides support to regional recruitment team with HR issues related to hiring new employees.
- Develops and assists the DDHR with the execution of action plans for the designated client group to address Human Resources-related areas identified for improvement. Supports HR and divisional strategic objectives.
- Provides interpretation and consulting for operations regarding all Human Resources policies and procedures as directed. Develops and recommends new/revised policies and procedures.
- As directed by DDHR consults with and advises managers on disciplinary and policy issues to ensure the fairness and consistency of all Human Resource actions.
- Analyzes compensation practices, conducts salary reviews, and assists area and local rehab management in analysis of market competitiveness and internal equity.
- Monitors employee performance evaluation program and assures that employee performance reviews are conducted timely.
- Assures implementation of all divisional and Kindred Healthcare Support Center Human Resources policies, which include all aspects of employee relations, performance management and disciplinary actions, conflict resolution, etc.
- Consults with area and local management regarding effective administration of Open Door Policy and response to employee complaints submitted through the Kindred Healthcare Compliance Hotline. Involved in directing managers through complaint responses, monitoring and reporting.
- Promotes and develops employee recognition programs and measures the utilization and effectiveness of such programs in contract sites within designated client group.
- Participates in and analyzes results of employee satisfaction surveys to determine the extent of any employee relations issues and general areas and levels of employee satisfaction. Monitors and supports the communication and development of follow- up action plans within each ARD contract sites. Ensures follow up on action plans takes place within each regional line of business.
- Assist DDHR with administrative process for ADA, Workers’ Compensation, FMLA and other employment laws and/or employee benefits.
- Is involved with or will lead new HR initiatives/programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with all levels within Kindred, including field management as well as the Executive Committee.
- Ability to work under stress and to respond quickly in emergency situations. Ability to manage multiple priorities in effective manner. Ability to work cooperatively as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Maintains a strong customer-service focus and commitment.
- Ability to be flexible and shift work priorities with little or no notice based on customer needs.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with all customers and Support Center contacts.
- Excellent knowledge of all Human Resources functions and employment laws.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all employee, patient, and customer information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Ability to provide leadership and direction in daily areas of human resources. Ability to supervise employees on daily basis and oversee HR department when needed.
- Ability to use computer software, analyze data and produce reports. Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to travel occasionally with some overnight stays, and occasionally to region, divisional and Support Center meetings, as requested.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 10%
- Bachelor’s Degree required in HR or related field.
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred.
- 5+ years of Human Resources experience in a healthcare setting required; preferably with a multi-site employer.
Depending on Candidate’s qualifications we may fill at a different level.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.