Speech Language Pathologist PRNClive, Iowa
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital, a joint venture with Mercy Medical Center Des Moines and Kindred Health Care, is dedicated to treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitation effects of a severe injury or illness. Our rehab programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatments tailored to individual patient needs recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic injury.
- Performs patient assessment.
- Establish a plan of care.
- Provides care in accordance with physician’s orders and established plan of care.
- Assesses the effectiveness of treatment and modifies treatment to achieve goals.
- Plans for patient discharge. Communicates with patient, family, caregivers, significant other, and members of the healthcare team to achieve rehabilitation goals and promote maximum benefits of care.
- Participates in performance improvement and program development activities.
- Provides input into the budgetary planning process; contributing to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department.
- Assess educational needs of the patient, family, caregiver, or significant other and provides education to meet those needs.
- Provides an environment conducive to safety for patients, visitors, and staff. Assesses the risks for safety and implements appropriate precautions. Complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Utilizes the appropriate leadership skills in delegating, organizing, and educating coworkers and staff. Coordinates and supervises appropriate levels of staff including interns, students, and volunteers.
- Participates in and contributes to quality improvement processes for the department and the institution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Speech-Language Pathology, Communication Disorders, Communicative Disorders, or similarly titled area that is consistent and acceptable to the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Possess or eligible for a Certificate of Clinical Competence from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be eligible to participate as an ASHA Clinical Fellow (CFY).
- Licensed or eligible for licensure in Iowa.
- Current Basic Life Support/CPR card.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.