Respiratory Therapist - MercyOne Rehab HospitalClive, Iowa
Job ID: 371974
This rewarding career will have a big impact in the lives of your patients and patients family. You will build relationships and provide excellent patient care. You will increase the quality and the care of people’s lives everyday by teaching them how to breathe easier. At Kindred Hospitals, our Respiratory Therapists goal and passion is to help their patients regain independence and have a better quality of life by breathing without assistive devices. As a RT you will collaborate and grow in a positive and flexible team environment while administering safe and competent respiratory care.
What do you need to be a successful Respiratory Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
I must say that this is a very organized company that truly cares about their employees’ well-being.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 50-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness. Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients in their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation and orthopedic injury. MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital strives to maximize the health, function and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
- Maintains knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remains alert to and assesses possible side effects to oxygen delivery.
- Administers respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
- Assesses patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation. Makes appropriate physical contact for intervention.
- Documents all pertinent data on the patient’s medical record following completion of any service.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all departmental forms, flow charts, logbooks, and their proper usage.
- Performs EKGs and files reports.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of hazards of oxygen therapy.
- Formulates a teaching plan based on identified learning needs of a patient and evaluates effectiveness of learning. Patient’s family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Coordinates and directs patient care to ensure patients’ needs are met and that hospital policy is followed.
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient, his/her need, and ability to tolerate treatment and reassessment for response to treatment.
- Attends education in-service programs to maintain professional competency. Obtains appropriate hospital-specific education and training.
- Performs all additional duties as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Completes required documentation of pre and post assessments, care planning, and daily documentation of patient receiving respiratory therapy treatments and services.
- Follows laws, regulations, and safe practices of medication management activities.
- Utilizes continuing education to keep abreast of current advancements related to pulmonary care.
- Administers medical gases, breathing therapy modalities, and approved medications upon written order of physicians.
- Administers therapy utilizing standards of care and best practices.
- Recommends and implements appropriate alterations to therapy based on observations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the differences in techniques and treatment modalities as performed on patients of varying ages, including geriatric patients, as well as the general patient population.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an AMA-approved School of Respiratory Therapy
- Current CPR certification
- Three (3) or more years of previous experience in all aspects of cardiopulmonary services.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Basic computer knowledge
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.