Pharmacist - IRF PRNClive, Iowa
MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 50-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic injury.
MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
The pharmacist is responsible for the dispensing of prescription medications to hospital inpatients. Provides information about medications and helps patients and clinical staff understand instructions provided by the physician. Monitors the patient’s health and progress to assure medications are effective and safe. Adheres to state and federal regulations as well as Joint Commission standards.Qualifications
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Pharm D degree and/or accredited clinical residency preferred.
- Must hold a current license to practice pharmacy in the State of Iowa.
- Two years’ experience in hospital pharmacy is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Verifies physician medication orders.
- Monitors and evaluates the six critical processes of medication management; determines risk points and is an active participant with physicians and clinical staff in continuous quality and performance improvement.
- Verifies and approves the work of Pharmacy Technician(s).
- Responsible for the management and utilization of the computerized pharmacy system.
- Orders and stores medications, keeping them safe and effective.
- Monitors drug therapy for appropriateness and promotes/ evaluates rational drug therapy that improves pharmaceutical care. Performs anticoagulant monitoring.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides information to the medical staff and administration regarding the cost effective use of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains ethical practices and HIPAA requirements.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, and safety and infection control. Maintains medical staff rules/requirements, as well as regulatory body standards.
- Works with physicians, specialists and other clinicians to implement appropriate guidelines and protocols for drug use based on evidence based medicine, national guidelines, and literature based protocols.
- Provides drug information to nurses, physicians, and other pharmacists to ensure current information on drug therapy.
- Provides specialized services to assist nursing and patients manage conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, etc.
- Recommends changes to drug therapy based on patient assessment.
- Provides and documents clinical interventions, therapy recommendations and other clinical activities according to department policy and procedure in order to maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Participates in the Drug Reconciliation activities of the Pharmacy Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean and wears appropriate identification while on duty
- Completes annual health, safety, and education requirements. Maintains professional growth and development.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient and/or employee information to assure patient and/or employee rights are protected.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Reports to work on time as scheduled; adheres to policies regarding notification of absence.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and staff meetings.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicated the mission, ethics, and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Maintains current licensure/certification for position, if applicable.
- Consistently demonstrates Guest Relation’s skills to patients, physicians, visitors, employees, and any other individuals with whom they may come in contact.
- Consistently follows departmental and hospital Health, Safety, Security, Hazardous Materials policies and procedures.
- HIPAA: Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with HIPAA privacy laws, follow hospital policy in provision of patient confidentiality. Able to identify patient confidentiality issues and reports to proper hospital personnel immediately.
- Compliance: Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with standards set forth in Kindred’s Code of Conduct, Kindred policy and procedures, applicable federal and state laws, and applicable standards.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Knowledge of equipment utilized in the pharmacy.
- Appropriate telephone communication skills.
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as books and papers and computer related work. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.