Health Information ManagerClive, Iowa
MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital is a state-of-the-art, 50-bed inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital dedicated to the treatment and recovery of individuals who have experienced the debilitating effects of a severe injury or illness.
Our rehabilitation programs provide ongoing care and specialized treatment to patients throughout their recovery journey. We offer customized, intense rehabilitation tailored to the individual needs of those recovering from stroke, brain injury, neurological conditions, trauma, spinal cord injury, amputation, and orthopedic injury.
MercyOne Clive Rehabilitation Hospital strives to maximize the health, function, and quality of life of those we serve through comprehensive physical medicine and rehabilitation programs.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient care information to ensure patient rights are protected.
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and maintaining the Health Information Department in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO, and CARF).
- Assist in establishing and maintaining procedures for the collection, abstracting, filing and retrieval of medical records.
- Assist staff physicians in use of electronic medical record.
- Work with staff physicians in getting records completed within the required timeframe.
- Serve as a resource for hospital leadership and other staff regarding health information issues, rules and regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO).
- Review policies and procedures as required by administration and participate in making recommended changes.
- Supervise other HIM employees which include initial and on-going training in HIM functions. (if applicable)
- Guide clinical staff in keeping any paper-based records neat and orderly during the patient’s hospitalization.
- Coordinate the scanning and shredding of PHI from patient records.
- At discharge, process records within required timeframes: assembly, analysis and abstracting.
- Review and process requests for patient information within required timeframe and serve as resource for other staff who may be involved in requests after regular business hours.
- Prepare and present quarterly HIM report to Quality Committee.
- Coordiante activities of the Record Compliance Review process including preparation/presentation of summary reports and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain good rapport with interdisciplinary team members to help ensure that medical records are properly maintained and problem areas identified and corrected in a timely manner.
- Maintain a neat and orderly HIM Department.
- Performs other related duties and activities as directed and assigned by supervisor or HIM support center staff.
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement program activities.
- Participates in continuing education classes and training programs.
- Prepare records and reports for committee review as required.
- Assist in presentations during orientation and periodic staff training dealing with Health Information topics.
- Ensure supplies have been replenished in work areas as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RHIT (or eligible) or RHIA (or eligible) or Coding Certification by AHIMA (American Health Information Management Association).
- Prefer two+ (2) years of experience in health information leadership in a health-related facility preferably a hospital setting.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.