Intake and Assessment Clinician Behavioral Health Registered NurseChicago, Illinois
What makes Kindred Healthcare a great place to work? Our people, of course! Our clinicians answer this special calling because they have a fundamental, internal drive to directly help people. In return, we serve, develop and respect our employees in environments created to optimize their job effectiveness, experience, and satisfaction. This is who we are.
Who are you? To succeed in our high-energy, high-reward environment, our clinicians provide compassionate critical care and deliver exceptional patient experiences, meaningful outcomes, and bonds for life.
As our most acute level of care, Kindred’s transitional care hospitals offer the same critical care patients receive in a traditional hospital or intensive care unit, but for an extended recovery period. Our clinicians play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients.
As a Behavioral Health Intake Clinician / RNyou will:
- This individual is responsible for working with internal and external customers to identify patients appropriate for admission to the Behavioral Health Unit.
- The individual is responsible for conducting a crisis assessment as identified in the essential job specific functions.
- Provides planning and delivery of direct and indirect patient care through the nursing process of Assessment, Planning, Intervention, and Evaluation.
- Develops nursing care plan in coordination with patient, family and interdisciplinary staff as necessary.
- Communicates changes in patient’s clinical condition with Physicians, Nursing Supervisor/Manager and Director of Intake and Admission as appropriate.
As a Behavioral Health Intake Clinician / RN you will have:
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing.
- Current state licensure as Registered Nurse / RN.
- BCLS certification.
- ACLS preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a psychiatric setting.
- Experience in crisis counseling and crisis evaluations preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.