Dialysis Supervisor FT DaysChicago, Illinois
$5,000 Sign on Bonus
Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you as a Dialysis Supervisor! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients' home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives as a Dialysis Supervisor.
As a Dialysis Supervisor you will:
- The incumbent leads a team by working with them to provide professional nursing care and coordination of nursing care and services to dialysis patients in a Long Term Acute Care facility.
- Act as team leader and provides acute education to teammates in accordance with established policies and procedures. Ninety-five percent of this position's time is spent providing nursing care. Approximately five percent of time is spent on administrative duties such as daily scheduling.
- Lead a team of three to six dialysis care givers, at one or more LTAC facilities.
- Ensure appropriate documentation of all delivered care.
- Provide direct patient care and on call responsibilities as determined to maintain appropriate staffing for census.
- Regularly communicate with Dialysis Program Manager throughout day to plan, confirm, coordinate, and organize assignments.
As a Dialysis Supervisor you will have:
- A.D.N degree from accredited school of nursing required; B.S.N preferred; three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree.
- Current RN license in the state of practice required.
- Minimum of one year’s current nephrology nursing experience required.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current basic EKG interpretation certification preferred.
- Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook required; basic familiarity with MS Excel and PowerPoint preferred.
- Prior experience leading teams preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.