Behavioral Health Business Development Specialist Full TimeChicago, Illinois
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Behavioral Health Business Development Specialist initiates one on one dialog with potential referral sources and maintains positive relationships with current referral sources. Design, develop and drive cutting edge sales strategies designed to increase patient admissions that leverage Kindred’s core competence in providing behavioral health care and services. Through the building of long term relationships with these referring facilities, clinics, community partners and physicians, the BH Business Development Specialist will facilitate the identification and assessment of future patient admissions factoring in length of stay and level of acuity which should align with the outcomes expected from Kindred’s clinical expertise in behavioral health care. The BH Business Development Specialist will implement an effective marketing plan for achieving budgeted census, patient mix, referral, and contact objectives.
- Maintain appropriate statistics and generate report(s) as required by the facility hospital’s policy and procedures in addition to the Facility Administrator.
- Communicate with physicians/discharge planner/social worker/other referral sources as needed effectively.
- Conduct sale’s calls on existing and potential referral sources to maintain a constant flow of referrals and perform problem solving as necessary. Actively identify and follow-up on opportunities to increase profitability, efficiency and market share.
- Follow – up on internal and external problem(s) as related to referral/admission process to ensure rapid solutions. Maintain knowledge of and effectively promotes programs and internal resources.
- Review and provide written analysis of denial tracking on a monthly basis to Facility Administrator and recommend plan of action.
- Develop and maintain system and/or procedure to increase and maximize inpatient to outpatient conversion rate.
- Review and provide written analysis of referrals and admissions by Medical Director, Hospital, and payer source with recommendation and action plan. Monthly review and analysis of marketing contacts with recommendations and action plan. Monitor and assist with admission/discharge procedure.
- Actively schedule and conduct presentations and tours of the facility to referral sources, professionals, and family members.
- Participate in community activities that promote the facility service(s).
- Ensure consistent marketing of facility is implemented – this is including newspaper advertisement, television advertisement, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree/ Master’s Degree Preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
- Clinical Licensure Preferred (LCSW, LMFT, LPC, RN)
- Two years marketing/sales experience.
- Formal sales training preferred
- Demonstrated healthcare sales experience - lead generation, educating the referral source, persistent follow up and follow through on all leads as well as demonstrated experience working in a clinical setting directly involved with patient diagnosis and/or assessing acuity for complex patients preferred
- Knowledge of healthcare marketing and plan development.
- Approximate percent of time required to travel: 80%
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.