$15,000 Sign-On Bonus available!
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital St. Louis is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Missouri. We are a state-of-the-art facility designed specifically for patients requiring in-patient rehabilitation services. We offer programs that range from single therapies to comprehensive, multidisciplinary programs for patients recovering from strokes, brain or spinal-cord injuries, amputations, burns, orthopedic injuries and other conditions. We provide rehabilitative care to patients and families utilizing a team approach, with an emphasis on improving individual functional ability and quality of life. Our Treatment Team includes experienced Rehabilitation Nurses who provide excellent service and around-the-clock compassionate nursing care in an exceptional work environment.
RESTORING HOPE is the goal for every patient we serve!
See what one of our nurses has to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLl8VIWh4bc&feature=emb_logo
The Float Pool RN provides adequate staffing during periods of shortages, including vacations, leaves of absence, weekends, holidays, call-ins, increase in patient census and/or increase in patient acuity.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Provides patient and family teaching throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Responsible for completion and revision of the Interdisciplinary Care Plan for each patient.
- Performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership for the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a Registered Nurse / RN you will have:
- Graduated from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BLS certification.
- CRRN preferred.
- Minimum six months' Rehabilitation experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.