Licensed Practical-Vocational NurseChesterfield, Missouri
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital St. Louis is a state-of-the-art facility designed specifically for patients requiring in-patient rehabilitation services. We offer programs that range from single therapies to comprehensive, multidisciplinary programs for patients recovering from strokes, brain or spinal-cord injuries, amputations, burns, orthopedic injuries and other conditions. We provide rehabilitative care to patients and families utilizing a team approach, with an emphasis on improving individual functional ability and quality of life. Our Treatment Team includes experienced Rehabilitation Nurses who provide excellent service and around-the-clock compassionate nursing care in an exceptional work environment.
RESTORING HOPE is the goal for every patient we serve!
See what one of our nurses has to say: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLl8VIWh4bc&feature=emb_logo
The Float Pool LPN provides adequate staffing during periods of shortages, including vacations, leaves of absence, weekends, holidays, call-ins, increase in patient census and/or increase in patient acuity.
- Demonstrates knowledge of medications and their correct administration based on the age and clinical condition of the patient.
- Reduces the potential for medication errors by following correct medication procedures.
- Performs patient care considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age; includes geriatric and general inpatient rehabilitation patients.
- Under the supervision of the RN, assists with the assessment on all patients and reassessments as per policy. Identifies and initiates appropriate rehabilitation nursing interventions.
- Under the supervision of the RN, performs timely and accurate QI assessments.
- Carries out the plan of care as indicated by the patient’s needs and response to treatment; evaluates overall plan daily for effectiveness; updates interdisciplinary care plan accordingly based on changes in patient’s condition and individual needs.
- Interacts professionally with patient/family and involves patient/family in the formation of the plan of care.
- Demonstrates ability to adequately assess and reassess pain. Utilizes appropriate pain management techniques. Educates the patient and family regarding pain management.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Formulates a teaching plan based upon the patient’s individual and identified learning needs and evaluates effectiveness of learning, family is included in teaching as appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to perform treatments and provide services according to level of licensure.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Registered Nurses, leadership, coworkers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services staff.
- Participates in team conferences.
- Consults other departments appropriate to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards. Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Actively participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI) activities. Offers suggestions for opportunities for improvements in patient care, safety, education, etc.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
As a Licensed Practical Nurse / LPN you will have:
- Graduated from an accredited licensed practical/vocational nurse program.
- Current state licensure as Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse.
- CPR/BLS certification.
- IV Certified required
- Minimum six months' Rehabilitation or Medical/Surgical experience in an acute care setting preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
If you are a current Kindred employee Click Here
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.