Controller II - IRF (Inpatient Rehab Facility)Chesterfield, Missouri
Directs financial activities of the organization. Establishes, or recommends to management, major economic objectives and policies for company. Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses and earnings based on past, present and expected operations. Directs preparation of budgets. Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets. Advises management on desirable operational adjustments due to tax code revisions. Participates in audits of company’s accounts.
Ensure financial success for the hospital according to the budget including cash collections, net revenue and total expenses per day goals. Strong relationship with billing office and collections process.
Responsible for the management of non-clinical departments which may include one or more of the following: Dietary, Purchasing, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Medical Records, etc.
- Directs and participates in the development of accounting and internal control policies and systems.
- Coordinates and controls the facility’s cash and investment management activities.
Provides timely and accurate reporting to leadership team which would include labor reporting (i.e. nursing and therapy hours) and weekly updates on key indicators.
Provides advice and assistance to department heads and managers in analyzing and interpreting financial data and reports and in presenting that information to their departments.
- Defines and communicates new/revised position responsibilities and/or reporting relationships and determines necessary staffing changes.
Ensures that accurate information is provided on a timely basis and assists, as needed, in facilitating the efficient conduct of external audits, examinations and related financial projects.
Ensures that a monthly time schedule is established for the processing of computer reports necessary for the preparation of monthly financial statements; implements corrective action as necessary to meet established deadlines.
- Consistently develops a detailed plan of action prior to implementation of a new procedure.
- Regularly examines alternative methods of providing required accounting services in order to reduce departmental operating costs.
- Promotes good staffing practices by maximizing the utilization of human resources; forecasts and anticipates the personnel needs of the department with regard to fluctuations in the projected workload; holds staffing at a functional minimum.
- Consistently demonstrates the ability to establish appropriate departmental priorities.
Consistently completes all assignment in a timely manner, thorough and appropriately detailed.
Demonstrates effectiveness in pulling together all the necessary information needed to compare revenue and expenses and determine the facility’s actual financial position.
- Effectively maintains all required records for the department; demonstrates good organizational skills.
Monitors the implementation of checks and balances which continually evaluate accounting practices, reporting procedures and record keeping.
Other duties as assigned.
- Accounting Degree required.
- Highly developed organizational skills.
- Minimum 7 years of experience including recent experience within or in support of a hospital. Inpatient Rehabilitation experience preferred.
- Experience in IRF-PPS reimbursement preferred.
- Healthcare experience is required.
- Basic computer knowledge including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software packages and spreadsheets.
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.