Case Manager - RN or LMSWChesterfield, Missouri
Mercy Rehabilitation Hospital St. Louis is proud to be recognized by Newsweek as the #1 Rehabilitation Hospital in Missouri. We are a state-of-the-art facility designed specifically for patients requiring in-patient rehabilitation services. We offer programs that range from single therapies to comprehensive, multidisciplinary programs for patients recovering from strokes, brain or spinal-cord injuries, amputations, burns, orthopedic injuries and other conditions. We provide rehabilitative care to patients and families utilizing a team approach, with an emphasis on improving individual functional ability and quality of life. RESTORING HOPE is the goal for every patient we serve!
The Case Manager coordinates the management of care and ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and compliance with external review agencies. Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of functions of case management, utilization review and management and discharge planning.
Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care coordination, plan implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs while ensuring patient preferences. Serves as a patient advocate through resource utilization, discharge planning and addressing the holistic needs of the patient.
The Case Manager is responsible for providing care coordination, including needs assessment and identification of care options, communication with patients and families in an interdisciplinary environment consistent with the position's qualifications, professional practices and ethical standards. The Case Manager shall be accountable for carrying out all responsibilities in accordance with our core values and service standards.Qualifications
- Current Registered Nurse or current license in Social Work, Master’s level or above, in the state of Missouri.
- Certification in Case Management or Rehabilitation Nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years case management experience in an inpatient setting highly preferred; acute/rehabilitation hospital experience preferred.
- BLS required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English.
- Basic computer skills in excel, word, outlook, power point, etc. required.
- Must have good organizational skills, time management skills and analytical ability in order to interpret information and carry out duties independently.
- Must be cooperative and have the desire to be a team player.
- Must recognize and observe confidentiality.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.