zzzz Yolanda Fletcher Certified Nursing Assistant(CNA or LNA)- Dignity Health East Valley Rehab Hospital- (Day Shift)Chandler, Arizona
A career at Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital, a 50-bed state-of-the-art inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital operated jointly with Kindred Healthcare and Dignity Health, is more than a job. It’s a chance to be a vital member of an interdisciplinary team caring for people in the “Valley of the Sun” who need continued care to recover completely.
You have specialized skills and our patients in the Phoenix metropolitan area, need them! If you are an enthusiastic individual seeking an environment dedicated to superior patient care and an organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we invite you to apply!
Provides direct and indirect patient care services that meet the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meets the communication needs of patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or LPN/LVN. Maintains regulatory requirements, nursing and hospital policies, procedures and standards. Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care and comfort. Communicates with physicians and team members about changes in patient’s clinical condition. Additionally, is able to perform general nursing duties in all departments with adequate supervision.
Assist nursing staff with patients’ personal care, emotional support, and activities of daily living. More complex duties performed under supervision of licensed nursing personnel.
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Provides morning care which may include bed bath, shower or whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, changing bed linens, cleaning over bed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the day.
- Provides evening care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning over bed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
- Notifies appropriate licensed personnel when patient complains of pain.
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and other nourishments to patients.
- Answers patient call lights, anticipates patient's needs and makes rounds to assigned patients.
- Assists patients with the handling of personal property: dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Transports patients to and from various departments in the hospital.
- Reports and, when appropriate, records any changes observed in condition or behavior of patients and unusual incidents.
- Assists in the preparation of admissions, transfers and discharge of patients.
- Assists licensed nursing staff with treatment procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to revise plan of care as indicated by the patient’s response to treatment and evaluate overall plan daily for effectiveness.
- Integrates the plan of care with Rehabilitation Services treatment plan to attain patient's optimal level of functioning.
- Provides general nursing care: positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting patients with the bedpan, commode; assists ambulating patients.Uses correct body mechanics.
- Checks patient for reddened areas or skin breakdown and reports to licensed nursing staff.
- Obtains and records temperature, pulse, respirations, blood pressure, weight, intake and output.
- Makes rounds with oncoming shift to ensure the unit is left in good condition.
- Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to nurse, supervisor, co-workers, physicians and the Rehabilitation Services staff.
- Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity; ensures patient confidentiality.
- Practices careful, efficient and non-wasteful use of supplies and linens and follows established charge procedures for patient charge items.
- Follows infection control procedures.Keeps the unit clean and organized.
- Meets current documentation standards and policies.
- Manages and operates equipment safely and correctly.
- Response to the patient is appropriate in emergency or physically distressful situation.
- Performs other duties as assigned within the nurse assistant’s scope of practice.
Other duties as assigned
- Completion of course for nursing assistants
Current state certification as a Nursing Assistant
Minimum six months experience in an acute or long term facility preferred.
Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.