Nurse Manager - Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation HospitalChandler, Arizona
The Nurse Manager functions under the direction and supervision of the Chief Nursing Officer and assumes responsibility for the Nursing Department. The Nurse Manager in collaboration with the CNO and leadership team assists to implement, interpret and ensure compliance with policies and procedures including regulatory and accreditation standards. The Nurse Manager supervises the Clinical Supervisors, Charge Nurses, RNs, LPN/LVNs, CNAs/NAs and Unit Secretaries.The Nurse Manager is responsible for implementing hospital goals and objectives based on budget parameters. The Nurse Manager reinforces the mission and vision of the hospital in all interactions.
- Provides a professional working environment for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Ensures appropriate documentation, including documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Ensures compliance with nursing scope of practice and HIPAA.
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators, patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to the nursing department.
- May coordinate new admissions including room and staffing assignments.
- Ensures nursing attendance and participation in team conferences.
- Ensures charting is completed timely.
- Ensures staff takes lunches when working 6 or more hours and breaks as required by law.
- Ensures staff assignments are divided among staff taking into account acuity and other factors.
- Manages staffing plans, nursing hours per patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Ensures limited agency usage and overtime hours by managing and monitoring the schedule.
- May have patient care assignment in addition to daily responsibilities.
- Coordinates and directs appropriate rehab care needs related to patient/family educational needs, barriers or continuum of care requirements.
- Serves as a clinical rehab resources for patients/families during their rehab stay.
- Coordinates, and assist as needed, with rehab specific patient/family education.
- Coordinates rehab patient care needs with front-line nursing staff, as well as, acts as a liaison between other members of the rehab team.
- Assists with rounding on patients/families.
- Assists with day to day coordination/follow-up of patient care and problem resolution.
- Assists with ensuring QI accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited Bachelors of Science in Nursing, Associate Degree in Nursing or Nursing Diploma program.BSN Preferred.
- Current unrestricted state licensure as Registered Nurse.
- CPR/BCLS certification. ACLS preferred.
- CRRN Certification preferre
- Minimum of two years of previous nursing leadership preferred
- Minimum of two years previous rehab nursing experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.