Infection Control Coordinator - IRFChandler, Arizona
Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital is hiring an Infection Control Coordinator
Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital is a joint venture operation and free-standing Post-Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation Hospital, between Dignity Health and Kindred Healthcare. Our two-story, 58,000-square-foot facility includes a stroke unit, therapy gym and 50 beds to serve patients recovering from significant neurological injury, illness and trauma and similar medical conditions.
This is a Full-Time position that resides at our rehab hospital located at 1515 W Chandler Blvd. in Chandler, AZ.
Assumesresponsibilityandaccountabilityfor the surveillance of infections and for the hospital Infection PreventionandControl Program. In collaborationwithhospital leadership,develops,implementsandevaluates the Infection Control Program.
- Develops the annual hospital wide Infection Control Plan & BuildingRiskAssessments, such as HVA;evaluates the effectiveness of the program and reports findings to leadership and appropriatecommittees.ThisIncludes the Flucampaign,Fit Testing andannual TB Assessment.
- Assuressystems are inplace to report infectionsurveillance,preventionand control information to:
- appropriate staff in the hospital
- federal, state andlocal publichealthauthorities in accordancewithlawandregulation
- other referring or receivinghospitals or organizationsneeding information regarding the presence of infection in a patientreceived or transferred
- Plans,implementsanddirects the surveillance of infection of alldepartmentsandservices that providedirectpatient care or provide the support of patient care.
- CollaborateswithEmployeeHealth/HumanResourcesin the preventionandsurveillance of infectionsamonghospital personnel;includesinterventions for immunization and/or treatment to staff andlicensedindependentpractitioners,including the review of newemployeePEP,Flu,outstandingvaccinesand post exposure.
- Identifiespotential sources of nosocomial infection and implements actions to eliminate the source;andevaluates infection data to distinguishbetweennosocomial andcommunity-acquiredinfection.
- Assistsinidentifying,monitoringandcontrolling outbreaks of nosocomial infectionamongpatientandhospital personnel.
- Maintainssurveillance in order to collect,analyze and trend data; providesaccurateandtimely reports to the Director of ContinuousQualityand Performance Improvement,leadership and appropriatecommittees.
- Manages the Infection Control Committeeandparticipantsin the BuildingandPatient Safety Committees.
- Assures the hospital implementsinfectionpreventionand control activities to reduce the risk of infectionsassociatedwithmedical equipment, devices and supplies.
- Acts as a resource to hospital personnelinimplementingisolationtechniques or other infectioncontrol measures.
- Communicatesandcollaborateswith the Laboratoryinorder to identifysignificantlaboratory information.
- In collaborationwithhospital leadership and personnel from applicabledepartments or services,reviewsandrevises the program to improve outcomes.
- Provideseducationfor employees regarding infection control duringorientationandongoingin-services as required.Thisalsoincludesmonthlyeducationandannual mandatories.
- Currentlicensure as a RegisteredProfessional Nurse,issued by the StateBoard of Nursingrequired.
- Minimum of two (2) years of staff nursing.
- Demonstratedability to plan,coordinate,evaluate and directactivities of clinical personnel; effective oral andwrittencommunicationskills,inEnglishwithadditional languages preferred; proficiencyinbasic computer skillsrequired.
- Qualified Infection Control Practitioner,CertificationBoardfor Infection Control (CBIC), preferred.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.