Wound Care Coordinator RN Full TimeBrea, California
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human experience to every patient, every family member, every employee, every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in guiding our work every day.
$10,000 Sign On Bonus
Job Summary: The Wound Care Coordinator manages the facility wound care program including standards of care and practice related to wound, ostomy, and continence patient care needs. In addition, will provide direct patient care and assistance to staff nurses, and act as consultative service to affiliated healthcare agencies.
- Develops and implements the facility wound care program in conjunction with the national standardization process, to include patient care protocols, documentation tools, wound care formulary and WCC referral criteria.
- Establishes standards of care, competencies, policies and procedures in quality, cost efficient and effective wound care for all clinical staff.
- Acts as primary consultant to Wound Care Clinicians. Serves as a consultant to facility staff and advocates with physicians; through training and support, enables clinical staff to effectively assess wounds, recommend appropriate protocols, and initiate plans of care.
- Evaluates all wounds upon admission and ongoing to determine treatment plan and provide early problem identification.
- Provides consultation and/or assessment on patients with pressure ulcers. Consults on any wound that does not show measurable signs of healing within two weeks.
- In consultation with the physician, assists the primary nurse in developing an appropriate plan of care for comprehensive wound management.
- Makes recommendations to the physician for changes to wound care orders and provides evidence based research support as needed.
- Reviews charts of patients with wounds. Ensures that wound assessments, care plans, and treatments are clearly and correctly documented and that appropriate wound related treatments are being provided. Investigates all cases with adverse events related to wounds.
- Participates in clinical outcome monitoring, follow-up and agency performance improvement initiatives.
- Collaborates with Support Center Clinical Operations staff to maintain a cost-effective wound care formulary.
- Evaluates products and cost effectiveness for use in hospital, makes recommendation.
- Reviews and develops with all involved disciplines plan for discharge.
- Evaluates culture results and conference with physicians on Plan of Care.
- Educates staff on products available for use in hospital (in-service staff PRN). Educates families on care of patient(s).
- Participates in business development activities to promote Kindred Healthcare facilities as the provider of choice for wound care.
- Involved in marketing the wound care program through outcomes and relationships with physicians.
- Degree from an accredited program leading to licensures as a Registered Nurse.
- Current state RN license.
- Professional certification WOCN or CWS, or obtain certification within 12 months of employment. BLS required.
- Five (5) years licensed professional nursing experience with previous experience as an acute care nurse.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.