Sub Acute Unit Director of NursingBrea, California
Kindred Transitional Care Hospitals has a career opportunity for you as a Directorof Nursing- SAU! As a division of Kindred Healthcare, we play a vital role in the recovery process for chronic, critically ill and medically complex patients who require acute care and rehabilitation over an extended period.
Your career growth begins when you join an interdisciplinary team, where doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts work together to form individualized care plans for our patients and residents. Opportunities through our development programs, training seminars and university partnerships, not only allow for continual career growth but emphasize our commitment to investing in our employees and developing future healthcare leaders.
The goal of our team is to deliver intensive, multidisciplinary care and transition patients' home or to a lower level of care as quickly and safely as possible. Each employee's dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine's 'Most Admired Healthcare Company' for 9 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives as a Directorof Nursing- SAU.
As a Directorof Nursing- SAU, you will:
- The Director of Nursing/Nurse Executive is responsible for oversight of the daily clinical and administrative operations of the nursing department to assure that each resident receives the necessary care and services to attain or maintain the highest practicable physical, mental, and psychosocial well being, in accordance with their comprehensive plan of care.
- Assures that the nursing department's philosophy and objectives incorporate evidence-based practice in providing high quality care and quality of life to each resident. Services as an advocate for the residents and staff under his/her direction.
- Fosters high standards of resident care through the provision and promotion of diligent orientation and continuing education efforts, adequate levels of nursing personnel, properly prepared nursing supervisors and managers, and current policies and procedures.
- Works collaboratively with ED/CEO in adherence to the ED/DNS Partnership Agreement.
Unit Nurse Manager, RN Unit Nurse Manager, Nurse Manager, RN Nurse Manager, Nursing, Clinical Nurse, ICU, Critical Care, Intensive Care Unit, RN, Registered Nurse, Critical Care RN, Medical Surgical Nursing, Hospital, Healthcare, Long Term Acute Care, Transitional Care Hospitals, Leadership, Clinical Operations, Admissions Nurse, Admission Nurse, BSN, case management, case manager, hospice, hospice nurse, hospice RN, Nurse, Nurse Care Manager, Nurse Job, Nurse Jobs, oncology RN, oncology nurse, oncology registered nurse, palliative care nurse, palliative care RN, palliative care registered nurse, registered nurse, RN Job, RN Jobs, Registered Nurse Job, Registered Nurse Jobs, Nursing, Registered Nurse, Registered Nurse Case Manager, RN, R.N., RN Case Manager, quality improvement, skilled visit, staff RN, staff nurse, staff registered nurse, visit nurse, home care manager, clinical director, clinical manager, clinical supervisor, RN clinical director, RN clinical manager, RN clinical supervisor, nurse clinical manager, nurse clinical director, nurse clinical supervisor, clinical administrator, nurse administrator, RN administrator, patient care manager, patient care director, patient care supervisor, director of nursing, manager of nursing, supervisor of nursing, DON, DOCS, DNS, director of clinical services, field case manager, RN, ADON, floor supervisor, house supervisor, manager, RN supervisor, RN director, registered nurse director, registered nurse manager, registered nurse supervisor, nurse management
As a Director of Nursing - SAU, you will have:
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred.
- Valid RN license in the state employed.
- Certification as a director of nursing or nursing executive/administrator in long term care preferred. Valid CPR certification.
- At least one year of leadership experience in administration and management in a health care organization.
- At least one year of experience in gerontological nursing/long-term care nursing preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employeeClick Here.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.