Respiratory Therapist Per Diem NightsBrea, California
- Plan, implement and evaluate diagnostic and therapeutic respiratory services to assist in the management of patient/residents with cardiopulmonary and related disorders. Provide technical support for all equipment related to the nursing center based practice of Respiratory Therapy.
- Provide training and competency testing to nursing department.
- Provides/coordinates clinical respiratory services under physician orders.
- Perform respiratory/clinical assessments.
- Consult with physicians and health care professionals regarding patient/resident status.
- Monitor patient/resident progress and update respiratory care plan (as a part of the patient/resident's comprehensive plan of care).
- Provide general respiratory therapeutic services including oxygen therapy, medical gas therapy, aerosol therapy, humidification therapy, and suction therapy.
- Educate patient/residents/families with regard to relevant disease, medications, equipment, purpose of procedures, steps of procedure, benefits, risks, and alternatives.
- Minimum of Associate Degree from accredited program in respiratory therapy.
- Licensing as required by the state of employment.
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) Preferred: Respiratory Therapist (RRT) required for those in supervisory positions.
- One-year general Respiratory Therapy clinical experience
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.