Respiratory Care Practitioner Per Diem DaysBrea, California
Job ID: 389756
This rewarding career will have a big impact in the lives of your patients and patients family. You will build relationships and provide excellent patient care. You will increase the quality and the care of people’s lives everyday by teaching them how to breathe easier. At Kindred Hospitals, our Respiratory Therapists goal and passion is to help their patients regain independence and have a better quality of life by breathing without assistive devices. As a RT you will collaborate and grow in a positive and flexible team environment while administering safe and competent respiratory care.
What do you need to be a successful Respiratory Therapist at Kindred? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
- Team player
I must say that this is a very organized company that truly cares about their employees’ well-being.
A View of Kindred
We offer a variety of Health Savings Account (HSA) and PPO plan options.
Employees can contribute pre-tax dollars through payroll deduction.
Paid Time Off
Your work/life balance is important to us. We offer our employees a flexible Paid Time Off program.
We offer tools, resources and support for weight loss, stress reduction, smoking cessation and making overall healthier choices.
Community involvement is consistent with our company's principles and with our mission of customer service and quality care.
Bonuses & Recognition
Retention bonus, Employee of the Month Recognition, and Individual Recognition for going “Above & Beyond”.
- Conduct physician-prescribed treatments such as oxygen therapy, bronchial hygiene therapy, medicinal nebulizer therapy, ventilator care, diagnostic testing and assessment/evaluation
- Perform arterial punctures, operate blood gas analyzers, measure/determine the acid base balance efficiency of ventilation and metabolism of the respiratory system; ensure adequate ventilation during cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Record treatment and patients’ responses in respiratory care records and patient charts
- Report necessary treatments and condition of patients to relief personnel
- Report adverse treatment/drug reactions to physician, nurse and/or pharmacy, documenting all information
- Perform diagnostic procedures: e.g. 12-lead ECGS, metabolics and pulmonary monitoring
- Process respiratory therapy equipment, cleaning, sterilizing and packing as needed
Respiratory Care Practioner
Practioner of Respiratory Care
Practioner of Resp Care
Current State Licensure as a Respiratory Therapist and current BCLS are required.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your career and future opportunities.