Occupational Therapist (OT)Billings, Montana
Occupational Therapist - $10,000 Sign on Bonus
Join our small, dynamic nursing team in Billings, MT. A career at The Rehabilitation Hospital of Montana, a 34-bed state-of-the-art inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital operated as a tri-venture with Kindred Healthcare, Billings Clinic and St. Vincent Healthcare, is more than a job. It’s a chance to be a vital member of an interdisciplinary team caring for people in Montana, Wyoming, Dakotas and beyond who need continued care to recover completely.
The Occupational Therapist (OT) provides occupational therapy evaluations, modalities, and treatments as prescribed by a licensed physician in an effort to restore function and prevent disability following injury, disease, or physical disability. Assists patients to reach their maximum performance and level of functioning while learning to live within the limits of their capabilities.
- Assumes responsibility and accountability as indicated for the care of those patients being treated by Certified Occupational Therapist Assistants, rehabilitation technicians and occupational therapy students. May be assigned to orient staff and students and assume the duties and responsibilities of the supervisor in the absence of that individual as qualified to do so.
- Assesses patients’ needs; identifies and initiates appropriate occupational therapy interventions; works cooperatively with other patient team personnel in maintaining standards for professional occupational therapy practice and interdisciplinary teamwork.
- Observes and evaluates treatment affect, accomplishment of short and long term goals. Recommends change to physician, if needed.
- Able to assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function of participation in rehabilitation; makes appropriate interventions to reduce pain; makes appropriate physician contact for intervention.
- Current licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the state of Montana.
- Previous experience in all aspects of occupational therapy preferred, but not required.
- Effective oral and written communication skills in English with additional languages preferred
- Current BLS certification.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.