Health Information Management Coordinator Billings, Montana
Join our small, dynamic nursing team in Billings, MT.
You have specialized skills and our patients in our region, deserve them! If you are an enthusiastic individual seeking an environment dedicated to superior patient care and an organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we urge you to apply!
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve.
Responsible for planning, developing and maintaining the Health Information Department of the hospital in accordance with state and federal guidelines, accreditation standards as well as hospital policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning, organizing, directing and maintaining the Health Information Department in accordance with established policies, procedures, state and federal regulations and accreditation standards (i.e. HIPAA, JCAHO, and CARF).
- Review policies and procedures as required by administration and participate in making recommended changes.
- Review and process requests for patient information within required timeframe and serve as resource for other staff who may be involved in requests after regular business hours.
- Prepare and present quarterly HIM report to Quality Committee.
- Coordinate activities of the Record Compliance Review process including preparation/presentation of summary reports and follow-up.
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement program activities.
- Assist in presentations during orientation and periodic staff training dealing with Health Information topics.
- Associate or Bachelor Degree in health care or related area preferred.
- Minimum 4 years recent experience in hospital Health Information Management doing variety of HIM functions preferably in a supervisory role.
- Or an equivalent of education and experience.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.