Chief Nursing Officer Billings, Montana
Join our small, dynamic leadership team in Billings, MT. A career at The Rehabilitation Hospital of Montana, a 34-bed state-of-the-art inpatient acute rehabilitation hospital operated as a tri-venture with Kindred Healthcare, Billings Clinic and St. Vincent Healthcare, is more than a job. It’s a chance to be a vital member of an interdisciplinary team caring for people in Montana, Wyoming, Dakotas and beyond who need continued care to recover completely.
You have specialized skills and our patients in our region, deserve them! If you are an enthusiastic individual seeking an environment dedicated to superior patient care and an organization with a strong mission to serve our community, we urge you to apply!
The goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve.JOB SUMMARY:
Directs and coordinates functions and activities of nursing department and assigned clinical operation departments. Consults with and advises Chief Executive Officer on the general operation of the hospital. Develops nursing and clinical department’s goals, objectives, standards of performance, policies and procedures. Organizes nursing and clinical departments according to administrative and nursing service guidelines; ensures compliance with legal, organizational, and medical staff standards. Has authority and responsibility for establishing, directing, and implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice and the clinical operations and financial matters related to all nursing and clinical care areas and functions.
- Provides professional working conditions for employees.
- Ensures the nursing department staff performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Assists with development of the budget for the nursing department in collaboration with the CEO and Controller. Manages costs associated with personnel, equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for staffing plans, management of nursing hours per patient day, and quality of work of nursing staff.
- Assures compliance with nursing scope of practice and HIPAA.
- Enforces compliance of the nursing department with education/in-service requirements/orientation and competencies.
- Leads monthly staff meetings and communicates information to/from management and leadership.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and practice; encourages staff development, including acquisition of CRRN for qualified registered nurses.
- Assists to review and evaluate risk and quality indicators, patient satisfaction results, and outcomes in order to continually improve performance and outcomes; communicates this information to the nursing department.
- Performs management activities including interviewing, hiring, evaluating, counseling, and performance evaluations of staff in the nursing department.
- Assures occurrence of appropriate documentation, including documentation of medical necessity, by staff in medical records; monitors completion and revisions to the Interdisciplinary Care Plan.
- Assures education and training is provided to nursing staff on Quality Indicators (QI); assures timely and accurate QI assessments and scoring is performed.
- Assures nursing attendance and participation in team conferences.
- Ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis.
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in healthcare administration, business administration, or clinical specialty preferred. Orproof of intention to complete Master’s Degree
- Current unrestricted Registered Nurse licensure in Montana.
- Current CRRN or obtained within 2 years preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in healthcare administration/management with a minimum of two years’ experience at a senior nursing management level.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in hospital management in an inpatient, acute care environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Sign up for Job Alerts
Get the latest job openings based on your interests, skills and background sent directly to your inbox.
Connect with Our Recruiters
Share some preliminary info about yourself and we will contact you to discuss your interests and career and future opportunities.